*PRODUCT FEATURED IN SCENE
WindsorUndermount Hardscape Light
- Heavy Duty Cast Brass Fixture
- Lifetime Warranty
- Accepts G4 LED BiPin
Hardscape lighting is generally utilized to bring illumination to stairways and patio spaces where the use of other lighting methods such as path lighting or down lighting is not possible. Hardscape lights also offer a unique way to illuminate stone, brick and other masonry features in the landscape.
- Installing hardscape lights after the walls and patio spaces have been built can be technically challenging and often times not even possible without serious demolition. Preplanning the layout of the fixtures and cabling prior to construction will make the process much easier.
- A basic understanding and skillset for masonry work is a plus if working on walls that require any type of mortar.
- Expensive concrete saws, diamond blades and hammer drills will be necessary many times to install this type of light fixture. These tools can however be rented from most tool and equipment rental outlets.
- Hardscape lighting will allow you to bring light into hard surface areas where other means of illumination are not possible.
- Hardscape fixtures are small and easily disguised which makes them perfect for minimizing the visual source of the lighting.
- Hardscape lighting creates a clean, modern look to stone walls, columns and other vertical hard surface features.
More and more landscapes today are building around the concept of outdoor living spaces. These spaces are heavily constructed with concrete and segmental block and pavers. Some of these areas are quite expansive which makes illuminating them a real challenge. The introduction of the hardscape light into the lighting design, allows us to easily and cleanly add gentle illumination right where it is needed around bars, seating areas and stairways that are other wise inaccessible to other forms of lighting.